Okay, so this morning I woke up to a notification from Ginger & Cocoa stating they had nominated me for the Liebster Award. This was a wonderful surprise and I was actually shocked, people other than my mum actually read my blog, haha. So a big THANK YOU to Ginger & Cocoa for actually reading my little blog.
After doing a little research I found out what exactly the Liebster Award is. Here is a little excerpt from Lorrainemariereguly blog:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
- Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
So in following with a cool little tradition, here are the rules that were passed onto me:
- Answer the 10 questions that the tagger set for you
- Choose your 10 favorite new bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for the new bloggers to answer
- Go to their page and tell them
- No tag backs
Ginger & Cocoa ‘s 10 questions for me:
- If you could have super powers what would they be? The ability to fly. I’d love to be able to feel the wind brushing against my face, and that feeling of freedom.
- What is your favorite vegetable? I absolutely love broccoli, however at the moment it would be pumpkin
- Where did the inspiration for your blog come from? I recently moved from Australia to London, England, and was getting tired of repeating my stories to everyone back home over and over again. So I figured a blog would be a great place to store all my stories, and give my friends and family back home access to my adventures as they happen.
- What is your favorite quote? If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain.
- If you could fix one problem in this world what would it be? GMO food
- What is your favorite meal of the day? I love all my meals, but probably dessert the best.
- Would you rather skydive or bungee jump? I’ve been sky diving, and the thought of going head first into the ground really doesn’t appeal to me.
- Would you want to live forever? Only if my friends and family were with me too.
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Fried prawn heads
- What is your favorite dessert? CHOCOLATE!!!!!
My 10 questions:
- Where do you live in the world?
- What’s your favourite food?
- What is your favourite holiday?
- What would you chose: happiness or money?
- If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?
- Where did you last go on holidays?
- If you could change one thing in your life what would it be?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favourite colour?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
My 10 Nominations:
- The Celiac Kitchen
- Willing to lose [WEIGHT], racing to win
- Life of Eden
- Little Shop of Goodness
- Diaries of a fellow traveller
- Levi & Laura
- Confessions of a wannabe cavegirl
Thanks again Ginger & Cocoa and everyone else who reads my blog. I am going to make a conscious effort to keep it more up to date, especially around my travels.
Peace out for now…..