Since I’ve discovered I can’t tolerate dairy or gluten I haven’t been able to eat many chocolate bars, and that’s no fun 😦 Luckily I have sweets constantly on my mind and I can come up with awesomely tasty alternatives. I’m testing whey protein isolates again, and bulk powders here in the UK do some awesome flavours. Toffee popcorn smells amazing, and tastes even better. Check Bulk Powders out and use the referral code RK97526 to get a discount. Ingredients:
- 30g protein powder of choice ( I used toffee popcorn by bulk powders)
- 2 dates soaked in a little bit of water
- 86% dark chocolate
- 10g coconut oil
- Soak dates over night in a little bit of water, you want just enough to cover the dates.
- Add small amounts of water to the protein to make a paste. It will be very sticky.
- Roll the protein into a ball and then shape into a log. I used cling wrap to help shape the logs.
- Mix the dates and water until it resembles caramel.
- Add caramel to the tops of the logs.
- Wrap logs in cling wrap and place in the freezer for an hour or more.
- Melt 86% chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave.
- Coat partly frozen logs in chocolate. This is a messy process, and you’ll need to use your hands to move the chocolate over the logs.
- Place logs back in the freezer for 10-15 mins.
- I repeated these steps 2-3 times.
- Leave the logs in the freezer for a few hours.
- Serve at room temperature.